Popular Posts

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Random Stuff

I really want Crayola Colored Bubbles and a new notebook, preferably red.

The weird tablecloth on my kitchen table is more skewed to one side which is really bugging me. But on the other hand, I'm pretty comfortable and I took my meds...I probably won't fix it.

I took my cat for a walk, which she was really enjoying, but then we saw my neighbor and he's kind of mean so my cat hissed. Unfortunately this made me laugh and now I'm pretty sure my neighbor hates me.

I'm lacking motivation lately. I've also realized that what I thought was motivation was actually just a lack of willpower. Bribing yourself to do your work does not equal motivation even if it is effective. But maybe its effectiveness is the key so lacking motivation isn't really a problem. I don't really know.

My mom said that I'm too picky when I complained about my milk. I told her it was too warm to drink and it didn't taste good so she put it in the fridge for me. When she took it out later during dinner I took a sip and told her I would drink it later because it was too cold. It's not that I was trying to be difficult, I just only like milk in a specific temperature range hence the reason I don't get milk for school lunch.

Although I have a debit card I hesitate to use it. I know that electronically I'm paying for things and that in theory it's safe, but money seems more real to me. But now, I opened a new high-interest checking account so I have to use my debit cards ten times a month...guess who's not excited!

I think that just like there is no free lunch, there is no free will. All decisions are influenced (and I would argue heavily) by other people, life situations, and other things. No decision can be freely made by you because no decision is made by you alone. Beyond this, no decision is "free" because every decision effects (affects? too tired) more than just the immediate outcome.

Ok enough random thoughts for now. :)

4 comments:

  1. affects :D yay for determinism! :P (and lol we have those debit cards...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...You took your cat for a walk???

    lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Bradley. I take my cat for a walk just about every day!

    ReplyDelete