So my dad comes up to me today and says "Hey Sami, go to the google and search "dog bin laden."
All I could think was that maybe someone had like photo shopped some stuff together and he thought it was funny so I told him I would do it later. But he was insistent so I reluctantly opened up a new page and completed his request mentally shaking my head at how annoying he was, but it wasn't something stupid at all. Turns out the first one to go into Bin Laden's compound was a specially trained dog with a Kevlar vest and a camera. They're trained to sniff out bombs, find anyone in the buildings they're sent into and provide surveillance for the men waiting to go in. The article went on to talk about how they have been used in the past and how these dogs have saved countless lives. I thought that was very cool and was surprised that it wasn't something meaningless.
I know most people probably don't really care that dogs are helping out in combat/special operations, but I was surprised at all they could do beyond the general K9 police unit, and very grateful for all their hard work. I guess that's why we call them "man's best friend."
remarkable
ReplyDeletelol @ how you made me go to google after reading the first line