Ok so after posting about Jeff, Oliver wanted a blog post about himself so here goes...
Umm Oliver...can't say I really know too much about him. I know he's some sort of mixture of nice, weird, sleepy, and lazy? (or is it just procrastination?) Oliver makes me laugh but he also makes me feel uncomfortable and most of all he makes me confused.
Who is Oliver. I don't know if anyone knows the answer, but if they do they possess much stronger behavior analysis skills than I do. With most people, once I've been around them for awhile I can tell when they're just messing with me, when they're serious, and what is truly important to them, but with Oliver I've never been sure. Just when I've convinced myself all his crazy noncomformist behavior is an act, he does something so weird so naturally that I have to question my convictions and wonder if that's really who he is. But in the end I'd have to assume that Oliver wants what anybody would want: to be accepted for who they are; so I guess rather than try to "figure Oliver out" its better to just appreciate his uniqueness. (Is that a word?)
How I met Oliver. I have no clue! If anyone has any ideas let me know. As far as I can remember, Oliver is just one of those people I saw hanging out with people I knew, then once in awhile we would acknowledge each other's presence, then we started to talk a little, and now I guess I kinda know him.
Oliver is smart. Not in the way anyone would think of though. Oliver doesn't try and seems to have just about no drive and yet he pulls out a good grade when he really needs to. I'm often told by people that if Oliver really wanted to he could be one of the smarter people in our school. I often questioned this until about the middle of this year. Oliver took some advanced math test (I figured just to get out of class) and he ended up scoring right with one of the smartest kids in our school. I immediately suspected foul play, but Oliver says he took most of the test completely on his own. Oliver is smart without tapping into even half of his potential.
In the end I don't really know who Oliver is, but maybe that is the way he wants it. To me he's that kinda weird asian guy who never works very hard in class and has this random patch of green hair. If you're his friend he definitely seems to have your back and he can just about always bring amusement to others (even if it is at his expense). But Oliver, in the end even though I don't know you, I would challenge you to truly try at just one thing, it doesn't matter what it is, but just try and see how the other half lives.
YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T KNOW MY STRUGGLE.
ReplyDeleteCalm down.
ReplyDeleteOliver, too good
ReplyDeleteBOO OLIVER, YOU SUCK... I do this because I love you man.
ReplyDelete