Popular Posts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parthex

Oh Partha...where can I even start. You are a jerk and a weirdo and sometimes a douchebag (don't get mad at me the picture says so) but I guess...most of time...you make me laugh.

So I usually start with how I met a person, but I don't know how I met Partha. We definitely got to know each other better during sophomore year though because freshmen year I had heard of Partha but at first I didn't even know what he looked like. He was mutual friends with some of my friends so I saw him around once in awhile and rather than look dumb I pretended I totally knew who he was when people were telling stories about him. Sophomore year I had AP European history with Partha for the first two terms. At first I still didn't know him. He was that kid that Prond liked to make fun of who I had heard of before. As the class went on I talked to Partha a few times and we knew each other but it still wasn't anything to comment on.

Junior year I got to know Partha. I still question whether I will come to regret that or not... We had AP Chem together and I'm not sure how but we became lab partners. Some interesting things have happened in lab, not all that I'm happy about and not all that was the safest of ideas, but I'll definitely remember what went on back at table seven. Some might say I had a tendency to order Partha around, but I say it was just payback. Payback for messing up on labs (which I totally never did), payback for making all your Nazi/Hitler/Trigger-happy jokes, but most of all payback for ever even suggesting that I was pregnant. To clarify I have not nor am pregnant. I do not exhibit pregnant tendencies and I don't talk in a high whiny annoying voice! For further proof of the harassment I undergo, just today, Partha decided to write on my arm that I was someone's property...really Partha... Luckily, at least starting third term, I've had Jacob on my side to add a little sanity to table seven.

Another thing I learned from that lab table is apparently, even though Indians constantly make fun of India, they find it offensive if "white people" make fun of their homeland which just a minute ago they couldn't stand. Being around Partha taught me to think about what I'm saying before I say it. He probably comments on more sexual jokes in harmless phrases than anyone else I know. I also learned that as much as he jokes around, Partha really does care about his friends and he looks out for their best interests.

After getting to know Partha I have found that he is an odd mixture of Indian, Hindu, smart, chess-playing, Asian music/culture loving, social little kid. Partha is very unique. He is part of his temple's youth group (if that's what it is), but from what I hear he tends to cause more controversy than help. Partha is in all sorts of AP classes and is a member of the "elite" Honors Mentor Connection club doing research at the U of M. He likes some sort of Asian/Korean/Chinese music group and shows. I have never understood the fascination, but I seem to be the only one. Partha seems to know everyone from the smart Asian kids to the artsy white kids.

But what I know about Partha isn't all nice and funny jokes. Partha can be a jerk too. In Science Olympiad, we had a misunderstanding that ended...badly. I was mean but so was he. He can sometimes get caught up in his own goals and ideals and forget other people's hopes and feelings. Partha and I are completely fine now but it reminded me that even Partha needs his space and stuff that can just be his own. While I wasn't ok with what happened Partha, all I have left to say about it is that you have a lot to be proud of and you don't need SO or anything else.

In the end, I'm glad I know Partha. He may have his moments (although everyone does), but in the end Partha brightens most everyone's day. He's easygoing and a great sport. He makes fun of me...but in the end even though I yell and complain, it is amusing, and he has super awesome fashion sense (jean jacket with jeans). Partha is a great friend but you'll have to have a sense of humor.

3 comments:

  1. "but I'll definitely remember what went on back at table seven"

    This is where Bahls says "And then she got pregnant".

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait...sami, weren't you in MY euro class? And wasn't partha in...first block?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that's possible I can never remember...

    ReplyDelete